sent to 417 people this week, it's the .…
~ weekly ~
WEEK OF AUGUST 27, 2000
I bought and read #45 this week! It was excellent, read my review in the News section! Next week, school starts and I’ll only be able to go online on Friday and the weekends. So, no more quick replies to email anymore. But no matter, I have had an awesome summer and I have my birthday, Christmas and Ndew Year to look forward to. Now, here’s the last AW issue of the summer… enjoy!
Last week's forum: now that the Animorphs are going through changes, what song do you think is appropriate acting as a theme?
“Well, you gave me the idea, so I'd have to say "Changes" by 2pac because that song is so cool and deep, plus, if you think about it, the lyrics actually kind of tie in with the Animorphs:
That's just the way it is
Things ill never be the same....
Also, I think the song "How's it Gonna Be" by Third Eye Blind ties in with the Animorphs in some way, i think, but even if it doesn't, that's one of my favorite songs!”
“They're going through changes..? ::remembers that 'Changes' is a song on “The Faculty's” soundtrack:: hmm...”
“Together Forever by... um.. i dunno! ok, so it's a pokemon song.... ~covers her head before ppl start throughing stuff at her~ or maybe... OH! Cassie would like Brother My Brother... of course... that was in the 1st pkmn movie......”
Well looking at my Napster song list, let’s see… Try Again by Aaliyah, One Voice, and I Need You (for Marco and his family)!
This week's forum question is: What’s your review of #45 The Revelation (include spoilers if you want)?
Last week's poll question was: do you think the cover morph to #48 The Return is Rachel to Bald Eagle or something else?
Bald eage 2
Something else 1
This week's poll question is: should there be an Alternamorphs #3?
Please send in your poll response to me at email@example.com with "poll" as the subject. Thanks!
- This past Tuesday was the day! I got #45!! Unfortunately, I did not get the demo CD as it does not come with the book. I guess you’ll only get it in the USA. But it doesn’t matter, here’s my review of the book with no spoilers:
WOW! What a great Animorphs book! This one is fantastic, so full of suspense, action and surprises! It’s funny though, this is a book that you wouldn’t say, “It was good because of the writing” (like #38). It’s a good book because of what HAPPENS in it! #45 leaves PLENTY of space for really great stuff to happen between now and the next 9 books. Everything truly does change in this book. One problem, it was too short. Everything seemed a bit rushed. The Animorphs plan seems ludicrous and insane, but only because the book was rushed. There was a lot of action, and it’s all good, just like before. One thing though, #46 is now spoiled with all the sample chapters offered to read. But after finishing #45 you see why that happens to the visser. I’ll warn you though, if you haven’t read the book, avoid spoilers, stay away from them. The ending was really good but it didn’t blow me away (like #35) because the book had been semi-spoiled before reading. All I can say is, I cannot wait for the next Marco book. #45 makes #47 Resistance and #51 something to look forward to. This is A MUST read for every single Animorph fan on this planet! This book will make you keep reading the rest of the books to follow in the series. For all book that have been bad, things are definitely looking up. Fans who have stopped have no idea what they are missing. Now, on to read “Goblet of Fire”….
- And here’s an extra note on The Revelation. On the inner cover of #45, although the Pepsi can looks very weird and fake, Orson the cat can be seen! He is very clearly there on the speedometer of the dashboard (just his face). The cover is not very accurate as well, Marco never morphs a complete ant in the book.
- Here's something cool Dahjo found out by re-reading book 10. On page 45 it says that Marco would tell his Dad everything before he let's the Yeerks get his Dad. That’s a huge coincident that Marco said that on page 45, since #45 is the book where Marco does tell his dad everything.
- Thanks to AniNews, this ad was found in the newest Nickelodeon Magazine: http://www.pacinfo.com/~lmnance/aniad.gif The poster says you can get a free poster and an Alien Invasion Survival kit at your bookstore!
- The new bigger cover image of Everworld #10 is out: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0590879863.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
And the Ellimist Chronicles, which will have close to 200 pages (paperback): http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0439217989.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
- More Everworld news, the Official Site has posted a Forum on the site. It has just opened and the first question has been posted, check it out here: http://www.scholastic.com/everworld/forum.asp
ON THE BOOK CHARTS
#44 The Unexpected dropped drastically, it’s in the 130 spot from 103 last week.
WEB PAGE OF THE WEEK
This site (previously AniNews Experience) is totally refreshed and great looking! Not to mention a FANTASTIC AW site, simply amazing! AWN and Ani-News.com have teamed up to bring you the best Animorphs News possible!
Thanks for reading! Send your comments, forum, polls and any information to me at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks again and see 'ya next week!
<QUOTE OF THE WEEK>
- Torrance and Isis in Bring It On (great movie!)
ANIMORPHS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER #113 is copyright (c) 2000 by Guillermo Larocca (email@example.com), NO NEWS SHOULD BE POSTED ON ANY ANIMORPHS WEB SITE OR NEWSLETTER WITHOUT GIVING ANIMORPHS WEEKLY PROPER CREDIT.